To find or create the “mods” folder for Minecraft: Java Edition mods, follow these steps:
- On your computer, navigate to and open the File Explorer application to find the mods folder.
- Open the View tab in the upper left-hand corner of File Explorer.
- Inside, make sure Hidden Items is selected. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Now, navigate to Your PC in File Explorer.
- Open Local Disc (C:). Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Find and open Users folder. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Open your user folder. Mine is boddy. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Open the AppData folder. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Find and open the Roaming folder. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Find and open the .minecraft folder. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
- Look for the mods folder.
- If the mods folder is not present, right-click with your mouse, highlight the “New” menu, and click the “Folder” option.
- Once the new folder is created, name it “mods” without the quotation marks. Source: Windows Central | Zachary Boddy
How to find your official Minecraft mods folder?
- Begin by browsing our add-ons section and find one which you want to download. In this case we are going to try the More Chairs Add-on.
- The download usually includes either a .ZIP or .RAR file. It’s a compressed file which you need to extract using a program such as 7-Zip or WinRAR. …
- Find the [Add-on] More Chairs By Genta.zip file on your computer. …
What folder do I put Minecraft mods in?
To put in a Minecraft mod, observe these steps:
- Make a backup file of your Minecraft world.
- Obtain Minecraft Forge.
- Obtain appropriate mods.
- Set up mods by copying the information into the /mods/ folder.
- Choose your mods and run them.
Where can I find the MoD folder?
While running MSFS 2020 do the following:
- Go to Options / General
- Click on “Developers” which you will find at the bottom of the list on the left
- Switch Developers Mode on
- On the Dev Menu select Tools / Virtual File System
- The community folder location can be found under “Watched Bases”
How do you open the mods folder in Minecraft?
WindowsMake sure your Minecraft client is closed.Press the Windows Key (Start)Type in %appdata% and press enter.Open the . minecraft folder and then enter the mods folder.From here, just drag in the mods that you wish to add.Open Minecraft again and click Play, and the mods should now be loaded.
Where do I find MOD files?
2:264:25Steam Workshop – How to trace and find files – YouTubeYouTubeStart of suggested clipEnd of suggested clipOpen up another page paste it in there as you can see here is that particular mods workshop id so i’MoreOpen up another page paste it in there as you can see here is that particular mods workshop id so i’m going to get rid of that. Okay because this is where i’m going to paste. In.
Why can’t I find my mod folder?
If you’re not sure where to find this content, load your game to the Main Menu, click Load Game, then hover over the folder icon under the name of your save. It will list the full file path to that save. So just find that same Sims 4 folder, and you should see a Mods folder inside.
How do I access workshop files?
For reference, the Workshop mods you subscribe to are downloaded inside this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\253250.
How do I use Minecraft mods with Java?
How do I use mods in Minecraft: Java Edition?Purchase and install Minecraft: Java Edition.Install Java.Install the Forge mod installer.Install and play with your mods.