How to Install Minecraft Java Edition
- If you’ve already purchased the Java Edition of Minecraft, you now need to install it. Go to Mojang’s website and click on the “Download” button in …
- Hit Download for Windows.
- Navigate to the Downloads folder on your PC and find the file labeled “MinecraftInstaller.” Double-click this file to begin the installation process.
- Click on Next in the new window.
- The next screen will allow you to select the destination for the Minecraft Launcher. The default is perfect, but you can change it if you need to here.
- Visit the Official Minecraft website, link here.
- From the upper side of the page, select “Games”.
- Select “Minecraft” from the options available.
- Select “Get Minecraft”.
- Complete the payment process and the game will begin downloading.
How do you install Minecraft on a computer?
Now that you own Minecraft: Java Edition, follow these steps to install it on your computer:
- On your computer, navigate to Mojang Studios’ website.
- If you’re not logged in with the account you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition on, click the “Log in” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. …
- Sign-in with your Microsoft Account or Mojang Account. …
- Once you’re logged in, return to the Mojang Studios’ website.
How do you install Minecraft on Windows 10?
- Right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Select the Run option from the menu.
- Type %appdata%\.minecraft\ in the Run dialogue box and then click the OK
Is Minecraft Windows 10 better than Java?
- If you want to use mods, go for the Java Edition. The Windows 10 Edition doesn’t have nearly as much customization as the Java Edition does.
- If you (or one of your friends) is using a Windows 7/8/8.1, Linux, or Mac computer, then buy the Java Edition. …
- If you want to play with console or mobile players, get the Windows 10 Edition. …
How to download Minecraft if you already bought it?
If you already own Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, you can download the game again through Windows Store without paying for the game again. Here’s how: Launch Windows Store and click on the sign in icon beside the Search box. Add the Microsoft account that you used to purchase the game.